1/1 Photo of Turkey and Sweet Potato Wraps
weekend cooker's Note:
sweet potatoes, and turkey mixed with loads of cheddar cheese, makes for a quick easy, dinner.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 (14 ounce) can low sodium reduced-fat chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons diced celery
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sage
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups boneless cooked turkey, cubed
- 3/4 cup seasoned stuffing mix
- 8 (10 inch) whole wheat tortillas
- 2 cups shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- sliced jalapeno pepper (to garnish)
- 1In a large saucepan, place onion, sweet potato, chicken broth, celery, salt, sage, and pepper, and bring to a simmer over medium heat, and cook 10 minutes, or until vegetables are softened.
- 2Stir turkey and stuffing mix into vegetable mixture and heat on mediumm for 5 minutes, stirring often, or until heated through and mixture has thickened.
- 3Heat 1 tortilla in a dry skillet over medium heat and sprinkle with 1/4 cup of cheese and top with 1/2 cup of the filling.
- 4Allow cheese to melt for 10 seconds and remove from skillet.
- 5Fold in two opposite sides of tortilla one inch each, and roll up.
- 6Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- 7Place seam side down on serving plate .
- 8Top with jalapeno peppers.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Turkey and Sweet Potato Wraps
Serving Size: 1 (73 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 80.0
- Calories from Fat 16
- Total Fat 1.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 26.6 mg
- Sodium 181.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 10.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced-fat chicken broth
seasoned stuffing mix
whole wheat tortillas
reduced-fat cheddar cheese