1/3 Photos of Turkey and Sugar Snap Peas in Orange Mustard Sauce
This comes from my Williams Sonoma Stir Fry cookbook. Mmmm… Orange and peas. My favorites! Serve this with some steamed white rice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the sauce
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
For the marinade
For the stirfry
- 1To make the sauce, combine the orange juice, zest, soy sauce, ginger, shallot, honey and mustard in a small bowl and stir to mix well. Set aside.
- 2To make the marinade, combine the egg white, mirin, soy sauce and cornstarch in a bowl and stir to dissolve the cornstarch. Add the turkey pieces and toss to coat evenly. Set aside.
- 3In a wok or frying pan, over high heat, warm 1 tablespoon of the oil, swirling to coat the bottom and sides of the pan. When the oil is very hot, but not quite smoking add the peas and stir and toss every 15-20 seconds until just tender, 2-3 minutes.
- 4Add the water chestnuts and stir and toss for 1 minute longer. Transfer to a dish and set aside.
- 5Reduce the heat to medium-high. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil to the pan, again swirling to coat the pan. When the oil is hot, add the turkey pieces and stir and toss every 15-20 seconds until firm and no trace of pink remains, 4-5 minutes.
- 6Quickly stir the reserved sauce, add to the pan over medium high heat. Bring to a simmer and stir and toss until the sauce thickens slightly, 1-2 minutes.
- 7Return the peas and water chestnuts to the pan and toss to coat with the sauce. Cook for 1 minutes longer. Serve hot.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Turkey and Sugar Snap Peas in Orange Mustard Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (243 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 312.4
- Calories from Fat 135
- Total Fat 15.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 73.7 mg
- Sodium 289.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 6.9 g
- Protein 27.3 g