Prep 45 mins
Cook 30 mins
Your Thanksgiving leftovers won't go to waste with this flavorful pie. Video Instructions: http://www.rhodesbread.com/recipes/view/2315
- 6 rhodes frozen dinner rolls, thawed to room temperature
- 3 cups leftover prepared stuffing
- frozen peas, carrots and corn
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1⁄3 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 cups cubed turkey
- Spray counter lightly with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine rolls and roll into a 10-inch circle.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let rest.
- Press leftover stuffing into a sprayed 9-inch pie plate to make a crust.
- Place peas, carrots, corn and celery in a bowl.
- Cover and microwave for 3 minutes.
- Drain and set aside.
- Melt butter in a skillet.
- Add onion and cook until onion is slightly clear.
- Combine flour, salt, pepper, celery seed, onion powder and Italian seasoning and add to onion and butter.
- Slowly whisk in chicken broth and milk until mixture is thick and simmering.
- Remove from heat. Fold in drained vegetables and turkey until well combined.
- Spoon the mixture onto the stuffing crust.
- Remove plastic wrap from dough and place dough on top of the filled pie.
- Lightly tuck dough under the edge of the pie plate.
- Cut several small slits into the crust to release steam.
- Bake at 375°F 15 minutes or until dough is golden brown.
- Cover with foil and bake an additional 15 minutes.
- *See rhodesbread.com for Savory Sausage Stuffing recipe.