Recipe by LDSMom128
I saw this on Rachael Ray's talkshow today and it looked so delicious, and also very easy to make. She made a pretty big meatloaf, so you can halve the recipe easily.
Top Review by BJAnder
This recipe is soooo good. I made the sausage, apple, onion stuffing recipe for Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners. Everyone loved it. Then I found this recipe and made it about a month later. It gives you all those delicious Thanksgiving flavors anytime of the year. The only thing I added to the meatloaf were some dried cranberries. Served it with steamed green beans, sliced carrots and mashed potatoes. Delicious,... and so were the meatloaf sandwiches that followed!!
- 2 apples, peeled and cut into small dice (McIntosh or Gala)
- 2 lbs ground turkey
- 2 large celery ribs
- 1 large onion
- 2 cups seasoned stuffing mix, dry
- 2 cups chicken stock or 2 cups turkey stock
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- First prepare the stuffing by mixing together the stuffing mix and the broth in a large bowl or measuring cup. Allow to bread to absorb the broth, about 2-3 minutes.
- Peel and chop the apples, and onions. Add about 1 tablespoon of lemon juice to the apples to prevent browning. Dice the celery into pieces as well.
- Add the ground turkey and egg and mix together. Add the vegetables along with the poultry seasoning, salt and pepper to taste. Add the wet stuffing mix and add. With your hands or a large spoon, mix all together.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Lay the meat mixture onto the baking sheet into a large log. Drizzle on the top of the meat some olive oil.
- Bake at 400 Degrees for 1 hour or until the meat is cooked through. Wait for about 10-15 minutes and enjoy!