Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
I got this recipe from the food network show Big Daddy's house.. this is what I did with some of my thanksgiving leftovers
- 1 lb roasted turkey breast
- 2 cups stuffing prepared stuffing, recipe follows
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon water
- 12 egg roll wraps
- Preheat a deep-fryer to 375 degrees F.
- In a large bowl add the turkey and the stuffing and mix to combine. In a small bowl, beat the egg with water to form an egg wash. Layout the egg roll wrappers and spoon 2 tablespoons of the turkey mixture onto each wrapper. Brush the edges of the wrappers with egg wash. Roll tightly, being sure to bring the sides together so the egg roll is tight. Before the final wrap, use some egg wash to seal. Set the finished egg rolls on a platter until ready to fry.
- Fry the egg rolls, in batches, until golden brown and crispy, about 1 to 2 minutes. Remove the egg rolls to paper towels to drain. Allow to cool and arrange on a serving platter. Serve with warm Gravy and Cranberry Dipping Sauce.
- Jazzed Up Stuffing:
- About 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 box prepared stuffing
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped rosemary leaves
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped sage leaves
- In a large saucepan add the chicken stock and bring to a simmer over low heat. Remove from the heat and stir in the stuffing and the fresh herbs. Mix well.
- Dip in gravy or cranberry sauce.