Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I got this recipe out of a magazine in the breakroom at work. I can't remember which magazine it was. I haven't tried this yet but it sounds pretty good!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 lb kielbasa, diced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 (15 ounce) can mixed vegetables, drained
- 2 cups cooked turkey, diced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pie crust, unbaked (can use a refrigerated crust or your own recipe)
- Melt butter in a large saucepan.
- Add sausage and saute 5 minutes.
- Stir in flour and cook 2-3 minutes.
- Whisk in milk and cook, stirring constantly, 5 minutes or until sauce thickens.
- Remove from heat and stir in canned veggies, diced turkey and salt and pepepr.
- Pour into a lightly buttered pie plate.
- Roll out (or unfold) pie curst to fit over pie plate.
- Place pie crust over pie plate, trimming to fit.
- Crimp edges and cut steam slits in top.
- Bake at 400 for 20 minutes or until crust is golden.
I tried to make this as written but due to what I had on hand, I had to change it a wee bit. I used hot italian sausage and instead of canned veggies...I used a mixture of fresh, onion, garlic, carrots, peas and potatoes. I don't use any canned veggies as the sodium is high. Made my own pastry. This is wonderful!! I will be making this again. Thank you for sharing!