Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
The basis for the recipe originally came form a 30 minute cooking book. But I have made a couple variations and almost always change it up for a different experience.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 boneless skinless turkey thighs
- 1 carrot, chopped small
- 1 medium onion, chopped small
- 1 stalk celery, chopped small
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 4 ounces smoked sausage, quartered and siced
- Heat oil in a large pot over med. high heat until hot.
- Add chicken, carrot, onion and celery and saute for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the rest of the ingredients.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat and let simmer up to 10 minutes.
- Stew is done when chicken is cooked through and veggies are tender.