1/1 Photo of Turkey and Sausage Jambalaya
1 hr 5 mins
From Emeril Lagasse (sp?) on Food Network. Posting it for safekeeping, haven't tried.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups chopped yellow onions
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/8 cup chopped garlic
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 lb kielbasa or 1 lb other cooked sausage, cut into 6 to 8-inch segments
- 2 cooked turkey legs
- 2 lbs cubed cooked turkey
- 1 cup chopped tomato, and their juices
- 1 1/4 cups medium-grain white rice (about 1 1/8 pounds)
- 8 cups water
Essence (use 1 1/8 teaspoons )
- 1In a very large roasting pan measuring approximately 21 by 17 by 7 inches with handles on both sides, heat the oil over medium-high heat.
- 2Add the onions, bell peppers, celery, garlic, Essence, salt, pepper, cayenne and bay leaves, and cook, stirring, until the vegetables are very soft and starting to turn golden, about 15 minutes.
- 3Add the sausages and cook, stirring, until they start to brown on the outside, about 7 minutes.
- 4Add the turkey legs and meat and stir well.
- 5Add the tomatoes and their juices and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes.
- 6Add the rice and stir well to incorporate and coat evenly.
- 7Add the water, stir well to combine, and bring to a boil.
- 8Reduce the heat, cover tightly, and cook without stirring until the liquid is absorbed and the rice is tender, 35 to 40 minutes, adding more water as needed if the liquid is all absorbed before the rice is tender.
- 9Remove from the heat and let sit for 15 minutes before serving.
- 10Remove the bay leaves. Stir in the green onions and parsley, and serve hot.
- 12Combine all ingredients thoroughly and store in an airtight jar or container.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Turkey and Sausage Jambalaya
Serving Size: 1 (437 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 710.5
- Calories from Fat 305
- Total Fat 33.9 g
- Saturated Fat 9.7 g
- Cholesterol 214.7 mg
- Sodium 2185.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 67.4 g