Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
Thanksgiving in a meatloaf.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground turkey
- 1 cup crushed dry herb seasoned stuffing mix
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup canned whole berry cranberry sauce
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a skillet, heat oil; cook onion and celery over medium heat for 5 minutes or until softened.
- In a big mixing bowl, use your hands to gently but thoroughly combine the turkey, stuffing mix, salt, pepper, eggs, and cooked onion and celery.
- Pat mixture into a 9x5 inch loaf pan, smoothing the top.
- In a small bowl, stir the cranberry sauce and horseradish; spread about 1/3 on top of the meatloaf.
- Bake about 1 hour until the loaf is firm, the top is richly browned, and a meat thermometer registers 160 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Let loaf stand in pan for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Serve with remaining cranberry-horseradish sauce.
I really loved this. I added a little more horseradish to the sauce. So so good. Great recipe for meatloaf any time of year.
Very nice change from the usual turkey meatloaf, especially in the fall!! I would give 4 1/2 stars if I could. Just a few changes, I didn't sautee the veggies, I added worcestire sauce, and used a 50/50 mixture of white meat and dark meat. And I loaded the cranberry sauce on the loaf! It was great served with mashed potatoes and steamed green beans for a pre-Thanksgiving treat!!!