Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
This is a great picnic, to go or side salad, great for potlucks too!!!!
Make and share this Turkey and Rice Salad With Chopped Walnuts recipe from Food.com.
- 3 cups brown rice, cooked
- 2 cups turkey breast (cooked)
- 1⁄2 cup celery, diagonally sliced
- 1⁄4 cup pineapple chunk, drained
- 1⁄4 cup mandarin orange, drained
- 1⁄4 cup water chestnut, canned, drained and thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 6 cups lettuce leaves
- 1⁄2 cup lemon low fat yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup light mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 lemon, zest of
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- Combine all salad ingredients except the lettuce leaves, yogurt, mayonnaise, lemon rind, and curry powder.
- Whisk together the yogurt, mayonnaise ( I use miracle whip for the extra tang but its not necessary), lemon rind and curry powder.
- Refrigerate ingredients in one container container, except dressing in another for flavours in dressing to blend. Also keep lettuce aside until just before assembling.
- Add lettuce, mix with other ingredients, and then toss with dressing.
- Serve on individual plates for main course, or in a serving bowl as a side.
- Prep time includes refrigeration time.