Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
A VERY tasty salad!
Make and share this Turkey and Rice Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 4 cups cooked rice
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 3⁄4 cup shredded low-fat monterey jack cheese
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 3 green onions, chopped
- fat free sour cream
- baked corn tortilla chips
- In a large skillet, over medium heat, brown turkey with onion, chili powder, garlic salt, cumin and oregano.
- Add cooked rice and stir, making sure meat is crumbled.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine lettuce, cheese, tomatoes and green onions.
- Add turkey-rice mixture and toss lightly.
- When ready to serve, garnish with salsa, sour cream and tortilla chips.