Recipe by PanNan
This is a tasty, simple and convenient way to use leftover turkey and/or leftover rice, and a great casserole to take to a potluck. Note: Edited on 1/1/08 to reduce milk in ingredient list from 1 3/4 to 1 1/4 cups. I actually just fill a soup can with milk, but the ingredient list requires a measurement, and I took a guess.
Top Review by RanRaggedMom
I suppose ingredients are everything but this wasn't very tasty, somewhat bland. We used turkey that had been deep fried with creole butter and home canned veggies and had to go crazy with the cajun seasoning to get any flavor. Not for us.
- 4 cups cooked turkey, chopped
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans green beans, drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen corn
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (2 7/8 ounce) cangolden fried onions
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine 1st 4 ingredients and 1/2 can of fried onons.
- Combine mushroom soup with soy sauce, cajun seasoning and milk. (I use a soup can full of milk).
- Stir til combined.
- Mix into remaining ingredients in casserole dish.
- Top with remaining onions and bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until bubbly.