Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I love enchiladas and always search for different ways to make them. You can feel free to make them as mild or as hot as you can take it!
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1 cup refrigerated hash brown potatoes
- 10 (10 inch) flour tortillas
- 1 (10 ounce) can enchilada sauce
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°F Preheat large sauté pan on medium 2–3 minutes.
- Place turkey, onions and green chiles in pan. Brown ground turkey 5–7 minutes until meat is brown and no pink remains. Stir frequently and break meat up as it cooks. Drain, if needed. Stir in taco seasoning, water and potatoes, and cook another 3-5 minutes.
- Assemble enchiladas as follows: lay tortilla flat and place 1/4 cup meat mixture on tortilla. Roll tortilla to form cylinder shape, arrange seam side down in 10x13-inch baking pan. Repeat with all tortillas.
- Pour enchilada sauce over filled enchiladas. Sprinkle with cheese and bake 15 minutes.
- Top with your choice of tomatoes, shredded lettuce and sour cream, if desired. Serve.
This recipe was wonderful! I added some fresh jalepenos to the turkey mixture. I also shedded fresh hashbrowns. A definate success with the bf and our dinner guests.
These are fantastic! I made these with the ingredients stated only I added in fresh garlic and used seasoning salt and cayenne into the groung turkey and green chilies, I used a Tex-Mex cheese mixture for the top...what a delicious enchilada recipe, everyone should make this! Thanks so much for a wonderful recipe Asha, DH loved this for lunch!..Kitten:)