Recipe by carolinafan
Delicious way to use leftover turkey. Piping the potatoes around the casserole using a pastry bag fitted with a large star tip makes a wonderful presentation.
- 0.5 (7 5/8 ounce) package instant roasted garlic mashed potatoes
- 1 1⁄2 cups hot water
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 4 medium green onions, sliced (1/4 cup)
- 2 cups chopped cooked turkey
- 1 (1 lb) bag frozen mixed vegetables, thawed and drained
- 1 (12 ounce) jarhome-style turkey gravy
- 1⁄2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 2 quart casserole with cooking spray. Make mashed potatoes as directed on package using water, milk and butter. Stir in onions.
- Heat turkey, vegetables, gravy and poultry seasoning to boiling in 2-quart saucepan over medium-high heat. Pour turkey mixture into casserole. Spoon or pipe potatoes with pastry bag around edges of casserole.
- Bake uncovered about 30 minutes or until heated through and potatoes are light brown.