Turkey and Porcini Meatballs With Rosemary and Polenta
- Cover dried porcinis with boiling water and set aside for at least 15 minutes. Drain, reserving soaking liquid, and chop finely.
- Preheat broiler to high. Remove turkey meat from bone; discard bone and skin. Cut turkey into large chunks, 2-3". Spread on cookie sheet in one layer, and place in freezer for 30 minutes. Transfer partially frozen turkey to food processor. Process in 1-second pulses, 15-20 pulses, until roughly ground.
- Transfer turkey to a large bowl. Add half the chopped porcinis, egg, milk, panko, 1/4 c grated Pecorino cheese, chopped rosemary, half the chopped parsley, garlic and olive oil. Mix gently but thoroughly. Form into 16 meatballs, each about 1.2 ounces. Line a cookie sheet with parchment or Silpat. Place meatballs onto cookie sheet and broil 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine remaining mushrooms, reserved soaking liquid, remaining parsley, marinara sauce and rosemary stem. Simmer over medium heat. Meanwhile, bring 4 cups water and salt to a boil in a large pot.
- Transfer meatballs to sauce, and stir to coat. Continue to simmer, uncovered, until meatballs are cooked through and sauce is thick, 10-15 minutes.
- Whisk polenta in a thin steady stream into boiling water. Whisk constantly until polenta is fully hydrated, and thick and creamy. Off heat, whisk in remaining 1 cup Pecorino. Serve meatballs and sauce over polenta.