Recipe by carolinafan
No stir-frying or time consuming sauces to make on this recipe. Just heat, mix and serve. You may substitute one 8 ounce package frozen pea pods or one 8 ounce can drained pineapple chunks if you like.
- 6 ounces dry fettuccine or 6 ounces linguine
- 2 cups fresh pea pods
- 1 cup cooked turkey or 1 cup chicken strips
- 1 cup coarsely chopped fresh pineapple
- 1⁄4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice or 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, halve fresh pea pods diagonally. Place pea pods and turkey in a large colander. Pour hot cooking liquid from pasta over pea pods and turkey; drain well. Return pasta, pea pods, and turkey to the hot saucepan. Add pineapple.
- Meanwhile, for sauce: In a small saucepan, stir chicken broth into peanut butter. Cook and stir with a whisk until peanut butter is melted.
- Stir in soy sauce, lime juice, garlic, and crushed red pepper; heat through.
- Pour the sauce over pasta mixture; stir gently to coat.