This recipe is from my new favorite web site, Epicurious. I have made it many times and have not deviated from their original recipe except for deleting the celery and using snow or snap peas instead. This is a great recipe to use left over turkey or chicken, I have used a store bought cooked chicken.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb linguine
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup chicken broth (can use water)
- 2/3 cup peanut butter, smooth
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon ginger, peeled and minced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 lb cooked turkey, shredded (4 cups)
- 4 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 1 cup scallion, thinly sliced
- 1Cook noodles in a 6-8 quart pot of boiling salted until tneder about 12 minutes.
- 2Reserve 1 cup cooking water, then rinse noodles in a colander under cold water.
- 3Drain well.
- 4While noodles are cooking, cook garlic and red pepper flakes in vegetable oil in small heavy sauce pan over moderate heat, stir util galice is golden.
- 5Whisk in chicken broth, peanut butter, soy sauce, sugar and ginger.
- 6Simmer while whisking for 2 minutes.
- 7Remove from heat and whisk in lemon juice.
- 8Toss together turkey, celery, scallions, noodles and sauce.
- 9If necessary add some reserved cooking water to thin the sauce.
- 10Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Turkey and Noodles With Peanut Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (269 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 620.5
- Calories from Fat 190
- Total Fat 21.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 57.5 mg
- Sodium 642.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 67.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 7.3 g
- Protein 41.1 g