Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
This recipe is from my new favorite web site, Epicurious. I have made it many times and have not deviated from their original recipe except for deleting the celery and using snow or snap peas instead. This is a great recipe to use left over turkey or chicken, I have used a store bought cooked chicken.
- 1 lb linguine
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth (can use water)
- 2⁄3 cup peanut butter, smooth
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon ginger, peeled and minced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 lb cooked turkey, shredded (4 cups)
- 4 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 1 cup scallion, thinly sliced
- Cook noodles in a 6-8 quart pot of boiling salted until tneder about 12 minutes.
- Reserve 1 cup cooking water, then rinse noodles in a colander under cold water.
- Drain well.
- While noodles are cooking, cook garlic and red pepper flakes in vegetable oil in small heavy sauce pan over moderate heat, stir util galice is golden.
- Whisk in chicken broth, peanut butter, soy sauce, sugar and ginger.
- Simmer while whisking for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and whisk in lemon juice.
- Toss together turkey, celery, scallions, noodles and sauce.
- If necessary add some reserved cooking water to thin the sauce.
- Serve immediately.