1/2 Photos of Turkey and Navy Bean Soup
A great way to use up leftover turkey. From Quick and Healthy Low-Fat Cooking: Mediterranean Cuisine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons smoked turkey breast, minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups chicken stock, defatted
- 2 cups turkey breast, cooked and diced
- 2 cups canned navy beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 pinch ground red pepper
- salt, to taste
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, minced
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1In a 3 quart saucepan over medium heat, saute the onions and smoked turkey in the oil for 5 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- 2Add the garlic and stir for 1 minute.
- 3Add the stock, diced turkey, beans and pepper. Bring to a boil.
- 4Cover. Reduce the heat, and simmer for 10 minutes.
- 5Add salt to taste. Stir in the basil.
- 6Ladle into individual bowls, and sprinkle with the Parmesan.
Browse Our Top Turkey Breasts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Turkey Breasts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Turkey and Navy Bean Soup
Serving Size: 1 (271 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 279.9
- Calories from Fat 58
- Total Fat 6.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 9.4 mg
- Sodium 969.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.2 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 17.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
smoked turkey breast