Prep 35 mins
Cook 25 mins
Taken from Everyday Food, November 2011. Good for Thanksgiving leftovers.
- 6 slices bacon, chopped
- 3 leeks (white and light-green parts only, halved lengthwise and sliced)
- 10 ounces button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- coarse salt
- pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 3⁄4 cups chicken broth
- 3 cups leftover cooked turkey, chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 4 cups leftover mashed potatoes
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cook bacon until crispy, remove and drain.
- Add leeks, mushrooms, and thyme to skillet, season with salt and pepper, cook until golden brown (about 12 minutes).
- Sprinkle with flour, mix, cook another 2 minutes.
- Add broth and simmer until thick, stir in turkey, peas, and bacon.
- Transfer turkey mixture to 8 8oz ramekins or 2-quart baking dish, spread potatoes over turkey, bake until golden (about 20 minutes).
- Broil if desired for additional crispnes.