A simple recipe that still tastes so good that you will never believe that it only contains 0.7g of saturated fat and 12 mg of cholesterol,per portion. Perfect for those (like us!) who can't resist macaroni cheese,but need to watch cholesterol/fat levels.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 150 ml chicken or 150 ml vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons low fat margarine
- 3 tablespoons plain flour
- 300 ml skim milk
- 2 ounces low-fat cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 8 ounces quick cook macaroni
- 4 smoked turkey, rashers cut in half
- 2 -3 tomatoes, sliced
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese, grated
- salt and pepper
- fresh basil leaf
- 1Put chopped onion and stock into a non stick frying pan.Bring to the boil,stirring occasionally and cook for 5-6 mins,or until the stock has reduced entirely and the onion is transparent.
- 2Put the margarine,flour,milk and seasoning into a saucepan and whisk together over a medium heat until thickened and smooth.Take off the heat and add the cheese,mustard and onion.
- 3Cook the macaroni according to the instructions on the packet.Preheat the grill.Drain the pasta thoroughly and stir into the sauce.Transfer to a shallow baking dish.
- 4Arrange the turkey rashers and tomatoes in an over lapping pattern on top of the macaroni.Tuck in the basil leaves,then sprinkle with the parmesan and grill to lightly brown the top.
Browse Our Top Elbow Macaroni Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Elbow Macaroni Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Turkey and Macaroni Cheese -Low Fat/Low Cholesterol !!
Serving Size: 1 (248 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 369.2
- Calories from Fat 76
- Total Fat 8.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 5.5 mg
- Sodium 222.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 15.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: