Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe is from a recipe exchange with my mom's group. I haven't tried it yet, but thought it was a great use of leftovers. Chicken or pork can be used in place of the turkey.
- 2 cups macaroni noodles
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups celery, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper (optional)
- 2 (10 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups turkey, cooked and chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups crushed plain potato chips
- Cook macaroni according to package directions, drain. Meanwhile, in a medium, saucepan melt butter over med-low heat. Add celery and onion, cook until tender. Blend in soup, milk and cheese. Cook until the cheese is melted. Combine cheese with macaroni, turkey, and salt. Spray 3 q casserole dish with non-stick spray. Transfer to baking dish and top with crushed potato chips. Bake 350 for 30 min or until hot and bubbly and the chips are toasted.
This was very good. The casserole is easy to put together but one that involves a bit of chopping/prepping. It is perfect for a weeknight meal. The color is very cream colored save for little bits of celery. I would love to add something colorful to give it a pop. The flavor is not heavily seasoned so adjust it if you find it requires more. The soup and chips are enough salt wise. We served it with a green salad with lots of veggies so that is how we got color in. Made as written. Thanks for posting 911spatcher! The family hads seconds and wanted thirds.
Very Yummy. Easy to make. Next time I would add some broccoli to it.