Recipe by loof
A family favorite!
Top Review by Sydney Mike
When making this I used breadcrumbs from a whole grain bread, & also added 1/4 teaspoon of lemon pepper, but other than that, your recipe was followed! When served, I did top it with just a small amount of mild salsa, & we were very satisfied with these hash browns ! [Made & reviewed as a THANK YOU for completing the Baker's Dozen Special in this fall's round of Pick A Chef]
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground turkey
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen hash browns, thawed
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine turkey, carrots, egg, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, and breadcrumbs and mix well.
- Spread turkey mixture in the botton and up the sides of a 10-inch pie plate to form the shell.
- Put thawed hash browns evenly into the turkey shell. Drizzle with melted butter or margarine.
- Bake for 40 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Top with cheese and bake another 5-10 minutes.