Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr 45 mins
Turkey and chile stuffing combine to make this easy one-dish meal with a Tex-Mex twist. The chopped canned chiles are mildly spicy, but not hot. If you do want more heat, just add a little more chili powder. (From Betty Crocker's "Money Saving Meals" cookbook).
- 29.58 ml butter or 29.58 ml margarine
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1 small red bell pepper, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 946.36 ml seasoned cornbread stuffing mix
- 236.59 ml frozen whole kernel corn
- 127.57 g canchopped green chilies, undrained
- 354.88 ml water
- 2 turkey breast tenderloins (about 3/4 lb each)
- 4.92 ml chili powder
- 2.46 ml seasoning salt
- Heat oven to 350. Spray 11x7" (2 qt) baking dish with cooking spray.
- In 12" non-stick skillet, melt butter over Medium-High heat.
- Cook onion and bell pepper in butter 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently, until tender.
- Stir in stuffing mix, corn, chiles and water; spread in baking dish.
- Sprinkle both sides of turkey tenderloins with chili powder and peppered seasoned salt.
- Place on stuffing, pressing into stuffing mixture slightly.
- Spray sheet of foil with cooking spray; cover baking dish with foil, sprayed side down.
- Bake 1 hour.
- Uncover and bake 10-15 minutes longer or until juice of turkey is not longer pink when centers of thickest part are cut.