2 hrs 10 mins
1 hr 45 mins
PSU Lioness's Note:
Turkey and chile stuffing combine to make this easy one-dish meal with a Tex-Mex twist. The chopped canned chiles are mildly spicy, but not hot. If you do want more heat, just add a little more chili powder. (From Betty Crocker's "Money Saving Meals" cookbook).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1 small red bell pepper, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 4 cups seasoned cornbread stuffing mix
- 1 cup frozen whole kernel corn
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can chopped green chilies, undrained
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 turkey breast tenderloins (about 3/4 lb each)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1Heat oven to 350. Spray 11x7" (2 qt) baking dish with cooking spray.
- 2In 12" non-stick skillet, melt butter over Medium-High heat.
- 3Cook onion and bell pepper in butter 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently, until tender.
- 4Stir in stuffing mix, corn, chiles and water; spread in baking dish.
- 5Sprinkle both sides of turkey tenderloins with chili powder and peppered seasoned salt.
- 6Place on stuffing, pressing into stuffing mixture slightly.
- 7Spray sheet of foil with cooking spray; cover baking dish with foil, sprayed side down.
- 8Bake 1 hour.
- 9Uncover and bake 10-15 minutes longer or until juice of turkey is not longer pink when centers of thickest part are cut.
Browse Our Top Turkey Breasts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Turkey Breasts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Turkey and Green Chile Stuffing Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (171 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 103.3
- Calories from Fat 39
- Total Fat 4.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 10.1 mg
- Sodium 47.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 2.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
cornbread stuffing mix
turkey breast tenderloins