1/6 Photos of Turkey and Dressing Soup (Use up Those Leftovers Soup)
Pot Scrubber's Note:
This is more of a concept than an actual measured out recipe. It is how I like to use up Thanksgiving dinner leftovers. I can only have so many turkey sandwiches before I hurl.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Directions? Are you kidding? Make it up as you go along but here is an example.
- 2After carving your turkey save any tasty drippings for later to add to your turkey or chicken stock.
- 3Force feed your family left over turkey for a couple of days and then round up the remains of that poor bird.
- 4Heat 4-6 cups or so of homemade turkey stock in a saucepan until simmering, or use purchased chicken stock.
- 5Toss the turkey into the pot along with some stuffing. Cornbread stuffing is particularly nice but I have used both cornbread and bread stuffing. If you have made a fancy smancy raisin/oyster/cranberry/walnut/apple stuffing this recipe is not for you this year. Keep it simple.
- 6If you have any left over steamed peas throw a handful into the pot. If you have any steamed left over carrots throw some of them in, too. Keep in mind I'm not talking about left over pea SALAD or carrots cooked in brown sugar and nutmeg! Keep it simple.
- 7You may or may not need to add any additional seasonings, depending on how well seasoned your stuffing was.
- 8If you don't have any left over veggies that is fine. It is still good with just turkey and stuffing.
- 9Add seasonings if you need to.
- 10Your end result will only be as good as your turkey dinner was to begin with and your own imagination. Good luck!
Browse Our Top Stocks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Turkey and Dressing Soup (Use up Those Leftovers Soup)
Serving Size: 1 (68 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 118.5
- Calories from Fat 41
- Total Fat 4.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 26.6 mg
- Sodium 199.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 11.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: