Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is more of a concept than an actual measured out recipe. It is how I like to use up Thanksgiving dinner leftovers. I can only have so many turkey sandwiches before I hurl.
- Directions? Are you kidding? Make it up as you go along but here is an example.
- After carving your turkey save any tasty drippings for later to add to your turkey or chicken stock.
- Force feed your family left over turkey for a couple of days and then round up the remains of that poor bird.
- Heat 4-6 cups or so of homemade turkey stock in a saucepan until simmering, or use purchased chicken stock.
- Toss the turkey into the pot along with some stuffing. Cornbread stuffing is particularly nice but I have used both cornbread and bread stuffing. If you have made a fancy smancy raisin/oyster/cranberry/walnut/apple stuffing this recipe is not for you this year. Keep it simple.
- If you have any left over steamed peas throw a handful into the pot. If you have any steamed left over carrots throw some of them in, too. Keep in mind I'm not talking about left over pea SALAD or carrots cooked in brown sugar and nutmeg! Keep it simple.
- You may or may not need to add any additional seasonings, depending on how well seasoned your stuffing was.
- If you don't have any left over veggies that is fine. It is still good with just turkey and stuffing.
- Add seasonings if you need to.
- Your end result will only be as good as your turkey dinner was to begin with and your own imagination. Good luck!
This turned out amazing. I used leftover turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, green beans, carrots, and added a can of corn. I used chicken broth from the can but also used about 1 1/2 cups of gravy that my g-ma had made from the turkey drippings. Delicious. I def saved this "recipe" for next year!
Excellant method to use up leftover turkey, although I did not have leftover stuffing, no stuffing this time. I simmered the bones for hours, strained, refrigerated it, removed the fat from the resulting jellied stock and added the bits of turkey, the leftover veggies from dinner chopped , asparagus, carrots, rutabega and swiss chard, then added a few more carrots, celery and onion, a little more salt and pepper. mmm mmm YUMMY!!! What we call stick to your lips soup from homemade stock. Thanks for posting, I'll be using this again!!
This was a fabulous way to use left over turkey. The stuffing made the recipe. The whole family loved it.