Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
- 3 cups cut up cooked turkey (or you may substitute pheasant)
- 5 -6 cups unseasoned croutons
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped carrot
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup cream or 1⁄2 cup evaporated milk
- 2 cups turkey broth or 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease 3 qt casserole; in large mixing bowl, combine turkey and croutons; set aside.
- In medium saucepan, combine remaining ingredients.
- Cook over medium heat until butter melts, stirring occasionally.
- Pour mixture over turkey and croutons.
- Toss lightly to mix.
- Place in prepared casserole; cover.
- Bake for 30 minutes; increase oven temperature to 375 degrees.
- Uncover casserole and bake for 10 minutes longer.