Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
Everyone will think you're the cat's meow when you serve this elegant looking entree! And they will never know how easy it was, unless you tell them of course! Great company dish and easy enough for weeknights too. A wonderful way to use leftover turkey or chicken. I got this from the Pampered Chef All The Best Cookbook and tweeked it just a leeetle teeny bit! For a demonstration on how to make a wreath, please check out: http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=247514 Look for the Spinach and Artichoke Wreath demonstration!
- 2 (8 ounce) packages refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 2 cups chopped cooked turkey
- 1 1⁄4 cups shredded swiss cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sliced celery
- 1 green onion, sliced thin (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup dried sweetened cranberries
- 3 tablespoons snipped fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons honey dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 375*F.
- In bowl, combine turkey, 1 cup of the cheese, celery, green onion if using, cranberries, parsley, mayonnaise, mustard and black pepper. Mix well. Set aside.
- Unroll the 2 packages of crescent rolls; separate into 16 triangles in a circle on a large pizza pan or stone with wide ends 3 inches from the edge of pizza pan and points towards the outside. Points will extend off the edge of the pan(depending on size). Arrange the remaining triangles in the center of the pan, matching wide ends with triangles already in placed. The points will overlap in center.
- Using small rolling pin(or small round jar or drinking glass), roll over seams of triangles where wide ends meet, making a smooth surface for filling. Don't seal center triangles.
- Using an ice cream scoop, scoop filling evenly over the dough in a continuous circle.
- Beginning with the last triangle placed in center of pizza pan, bring point of triangle straight across filling. Next, bring point of the opposite outside triangle diagonally across filling, covering point of previous triangle. The filling will show.
- Repeat, overlapping points of inside and outside triangles to form a wreath. Tuck the last end under first.
- Brush top of wreath with egg white.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup cheese.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Enjoy!
We enjoyed this very much. It is a great way to use up leftover turkey. I did substitute puff pastry sheets for the crescent rolls and substituted sour cream for the mayonnaise. I served this with Recipe #395906 for a very nice lunch. Thank you for the recipe! Made for PRMR.
I added some homemade savory stuffing and reduced the amount of celery. I served it with mashed garlic and creamcheese potatoes, broccoli slaw salad and homemade turkey gravy for the gravy lovers. It was a HUGE hit for my New Years Day dinner!!!
My family and friends love when I make this recipe!! They just can't ever get enough.