Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
I've made this many times and we all love it. From the Bisquick 2 Cookbook by Betty Crocker. This can be eaten warm or chilled, which makes it perfect for brown bag lunches. I have also doubled this and baked in a 13x9 pan and cooked it for the same length of time
- 2 cups original Bisquick baking mix
- 1⁄2 cup dried sweetened cranberries
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1 egg
- 1 (6 ounce) packageshaved smoked turkey
- 1 cup shredded swiss cheese
- Heat oven to 350'. Spray bottom and sides of square baking dish 8x8x2" with cooking spray.
- Stir bisquick mix, cranberries, milk, mustard and egg until blended. Pour half of the batter into the baking dish. Top with half of the turkey; sprinkle with 1/2 cup of the cheese to within 1/4 inch of edges of baking dish. Top with remaining turkey. Pour remaining batter over turkey.
- Bake uncovered 45 to 50 minutes or until golden brown and set. Sprinkle qith remaining 1/2 cup of cheese. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting.
It has potential but we found it a little dry and bland for our taste. If I do make this again, I will do a little experimenting. Maybe use cranberry sauce instead of the dried cranberries.
Wow this is great! I used reduced fat Bisquick and a little extra cheese. I also used 3/4 cup Craisins like another reviewer recommended and thought it was perfect. We really liked how this turned out and will be making it often.
This is so Yummy, I made as directed. This is going in my better than 5 stares cookbook. The cheese was oozing out and it was just heavenly. Thanks for a great recipe.