Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
I served these at New Years because I had left over turkey and cranberry sauce from Christmas that I wanted to use up. They turned out to be nice and sweet. Cooking time doesn't include the chilling time.
- 3 large tortillas
- 4 slices roasted turkey, thickly sliced
- 5 ounces light cream cheese
- 3 1⁄2 ounces light mayonnaise
- 4 ounces whole berry cranberry sauce
- Mix the ingredients for the cranberry spread together.
- Lay the tortillas down so that the 'middle' ends overlap on the inside.
- Spread the cranberry mixture over the tortillas so that most of the surface is covered. Be careful bot to add it too thickly or it gets a bit gooey when you roll them up.
- Place the roast turkey slices down the middle of the tortillas so it looks like one long strip of turkey.
- Carefully roll the tortillas up tightly.
- Cover with foil, making sure the ends are sealed, and chill in the fridge for a few hours or overnight.
- Take out of the fridge and slice into inch and a half slices. Secure with toothpicks if you feel needed.
I'd like to try this without any mayonnaise next time. The cranberry mixture before chilling tasted wonderful, but the mayo flavor came out too pronounced for me after a couple of hours. Sadly, then it tasted like tuna to me. I love the concept and the mix was seriously so delicious on the turkey before the flavors came together all the way. I'll definitely try this again with just the cream cheese and cranberries sometime, because it still has a ton of potential! Thanks!
This didn't excite me too much. I can't really explain why, just a taste preference. I haven't been able to find cranberries so far so I used my strawberry rhubarb jam and added some dried cranberries to that. That was a decent variance from the recipe but I still kinda think that I wouldn't like it if I followed it to a tee. I am very pleased to have tried it though. Made for ZWT4 Canada.
We are one of those families that have turkey year around - making for turkey slices in the freezer. Cranberries are a staple at our house - and we love roll ups. Ingredients at hand just so easy to put together - looks so appealing on the platter and best of all it tastes good.Going to add this one to my appetizer cook book.