Recipe by Irmgard
I got the recipe for this delicious dinner pie from the Toronto Star.
Top Review by Laureen in B.C.
Wow what a great why to use leftovers. Thank you so much for sharing this wonderful recipe. I had company drop by yesterday just as these were coming out of the oven and everyone really enjoyed them and wanted the recipe. The rosemary was great and I loved the crunch of the almonds. Thanks again
- 1 9 inch deep pie shell
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds
- 1 1⁄2 cups diced cooked turkey
- 1 cup whole berry cranberry sauce
- 3 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup 2% evaporated milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried rosemary or 1⁄4 teaspoon sage
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place pie shell on baking sheet.
- Prebake shell, if desired, 5 minutes.
- Brush mustard on inside of shell.
- Combine cheeses in bowl.
- Melt butter in medium skillet over medium heat.
- Saute onion, celery and almonds 5 minutes or until vegetables are softened.
- Layer half of cheese mixture in shell.
- Top with onion mixture, turkey, cranberry sauce and remaining cheese mixture.
- In medium bowl, beat eggs, milk, and rosemary or sage together.
- Pour slowly over pie.
- Bake 15 minutes.
- Lower heat to 375 degrees F and bake 25 to 30 minutes or until set, covering edges with foil if needed during last 15 minutes to prevent excessive browning.
- Rest 10 minutes.