Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
I got the recipe for this delicious dinner pie from the Toronto Star.
Make and share this Turkey and Cranberry Pie recipe from Food.com.
- 1 9 inch deep pie shell
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds
- 1 1⁄2 cups diced cooked turkey
- 1 cup whole berry cranberry sauce
- 3 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup 2% evaporated milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried rosemary or 1⁄4 teaspoon sage
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place pie shell on baking sheet.
- Prebake shell, if desired, 5 minutes.
- Brush mustard on inside of shell.
- Combine cheeses in bowl.
- Melt butter in medium skillet over medium heat.
- Saute onion, celery and almonds 5 minutes or until vegetables are softened.
- Layer half of cheese mixture in shell.
- Top with onion mixture, turkey, cranberry sauce and remaining cheese mixture.
- In medium bowl, beat eggs, milk, and rosemary or sage together.
- Pour slowly over pie.
- Bake 15 minutes.
- Lower heat to 375 degrees F and bake 25 to 30 minutes or until set, covering edges with foil if needed during last 15 minutes to prevent excessive browning.
- Rest 10 minutes.
Wow what a great why to use leftovers. Thank you so much for sharing this wonderful recipe. I had company drop by yesterday just as these were coming out of the oven and everyone really enjoyed them and wanted the recipe. The rosemary was great and I loved the crunch of the almonds. Thanks again
This was just as I imagined it, we were not disappointed! This will now become standard fare for turkey leftovers, and my hubby is even talking about using chicken when we don't have turkey. Easy and sooo tasty.
This is one of our favourite recipes! Everybody I have made it for also ends up making it. DELICIOUS!!!