Recipe by wyzgirl14
These turkey burgers are awesome! My family and I love them! The recipe is from Sunset Healthy Heart cookbook. I normally use my George Foreman grill to make these in six minutes. YUM!
- 12 ounces lean ground turkey
- 3⁄4 cup minced onion
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 4 hamburger buns, split and toasted
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 3⁄4 cup whole berry cranberry sauce
- 4 large butter lettuce leaves, rinsed and crisped
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, throughly mix turkey, onion, sage, and pepper. Shape into 4 patties, each about 4 inches wide.
- Set a wide nonstick frying pan over medium-high heat. When pan is hot, add patties and cook, turning once, until browned on outside and no longer pink in center; cut to test (8 to 10 mins.).
- Spread cut sides of buns with mustard. Then spoon about 2 tablespoon of the cranberry sauce over bottom half of each bun; top with a lettuce leaf and a turkey patty. Spoon remaining cranberry sauce atop patties; set top halves of buns in place.