Recipe by Galley Wench
I'm already planning what I'm going to do with my left over Thanksgiving turkey. This is Paula Deen's solution!
- 7 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh sage
- 3 cups crumbled cornbread
- 2 1⁄2 cups chopped cooked turkey
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Cranberry Orange Relish
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- TURKEY CORNBREAD CAKES:.
- In a large skillet, melt 3 tablespoons butter over medium heat.
- Add onion, celery, garlic, and sage; cook 5 minutes or until tender.
- In a medium bowl, combine onion mixture, cornbread, and turkey.
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, egg, poultry seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Add to onion, cornbread, and turkey mixture; stir gently to combine.
- Shape mixture into 10 patties.
- In a large skillet, melt remaining butter over medium heat.
- Cook patties, in batches, 4 to 5 minutes per side or until lightly browned.
- Serve with Cranberry Orange Relish.
- CRANBERRY RELISH:.
- In a medium saucepan, combine cranberry sauce and remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes.
- Serve warm.