Prep 0 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Since my bf was out of town, I was cooking for one and interested in trying healthy new recipes. I decided to try a blood type diet recipe, I am a type AB+ Blood type and after a little research I discovered a recipe on a blood type diet forum that I wanted to try. When cooking for myself, I seem have trouble just following the recipe, so I made a few changes. This is a one pan meal for two persons, pretty healthy, delicious and smells wonderful. This recipe made enough food for two meals and cost me around $6 to make.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (used half butter half oil)
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 1 medium onion (chopped course)
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh white mushrooms (quartered and optional)
- 1 bunch collard greens (5-7 large leaves, stems mostly removed, chopped)
- 1 turkey leg, large (frozen or fresh)
- 1 cup broth (I used miso)
- seasoning (any poultry seasoning, turmeric, garlic powder, lemon pepper, salt, etc)
- 2 russet potatoes (cut into bit sized piece)
- 2 tablespoons Italian salad dressing
- Saute onion, garlic until softened in a large pan, then add mushrooms (that has a lid and can be placed in the oven) while oven heats to 350°F.
- Place collard greens on top.
- Place the turkey leg on top and drizzle a little oil on top).
- Season the turkey leg.
- Bake covered for 30 minutes.
- Cut and place the potatoes in a bowl and drizzle dressing and stir to coat.
- Place on each side of the turkey leg, cover and return to the oven.
- Bake for one hour, then remove the lid and bake uncovered the remaining 30 minutes.