Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
High protein, low carb & low fat. Easy, impressive & delicious.
- 12 thin scallopine-style turkey cutlets (2 lb)
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese or 8 ounces swiss cheese or 8 ounces mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1 (1/2 ounce) packet dry vegetable soup mix
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce (about 2 shakes)
- 1⁄4 cup half-and-half
- Place a piece of cheese on top of each piece of turkey and starting at the short edge of the turkey roll up each piece, secure it with a toothpick, and place it in the crockpot.
- In a small bowl, mix the remaining ingredients well except for the half-and-half, and pour the mixture over the turkey rolls.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4 hours.
- Remove rolls with a pair of tongs, and whisk half-and-half in to the juices in the crockpot.
- Once the cream is heated up pour the sauce over the turkey rolls.
I've never made turkey cutlets before and am pleased that I tried this recipe. There are only 2 things that I think need to be tweaked and I believe these were my own fault. I used an off brand of vegetable soup mix. After cooking the full 4 hours, the vegetables were still crispy and dried. Also the sauce was very salty. I will try making this again and maybe experiment with different cheeses and stuffing, and I will pay more attention to the spices that are used. A very good recipe that I am glad I tried. Thank you.