Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Turkey cutlets with a cheesy center and a zesty pepper sauce - Yum!
- 3⁄4 cup orzo pasta
- 1 (12 ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained
- 1⁄3 cup basil leaves (reserve 16 large basil leaves from sauce)
- 1 lb turkey breast, scaloppine (sliced into 8 thin slices)
- 1⁄2 cup whipped light chive & onion cream cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- Heat 2 quart saucepan of salted water to boiling over high heat. Add orzo and cook as labe directs. Drain.
- Red Pepper Sauce:
- Place 3/4 c red peppers in blender. Add 1/4 cup water, 1/4 c basil leaves, 1/4 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp black pepper.
- Blend until puteed but not completely smooth. Set aside (makes about 3/4 cup).
- Cut remaining red peppers into 1/2 inch wide strips. Place turkey scaloppines on a sheet of waxed paper. Evenly divide red pepper strips and remaining basil leaves among turkey. Spoon 1 level tabelspoon of cream cheese on 1 end of each scaloppine. Loosely roll each scaloppine jelly-roll fashon to enclose filling; secure with a toothpick.
- Heat nonstick 10" skillet over medium high heat until hot. Add rolls to skillet; sprinkle with 1/4 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp black pepper. COver skillet and cook 5-6 minutes or until rollsa re browned on all sides and turkey is no longer pink, turning once.
- Remove toothpicks from rolls. Divide orzo among 4 dinner plates and arange turkey rolls on plates with orzo; serve with pepper sauce.