Top Review by BerrySweet
Really great! Tons of flavor, and leftovers were terrific. These are more burritos than chimichangas though. I also froze a few for future emergency lunches. If freezing, thaw in fridge overnight before microwaving. I did use full-fat cheese because I don't like the texture of low-fat.
- Pam cooking spray
- 1⁄2 lb ground turkey
- 1 (16 ounce) can fat-free refried beans
- 1 3⁄4 cups salsa (see note in description)
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chili peppers, drained and diced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 3 scallions, sliced
- 1 cup reduced-fat monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 8 burrito-size flour tortillas
- 1 cup salsa (see note in description)
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat sour cream (I used light sour cream)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees F.
- Spray a skillet with Pam.
- Spray 13x9-inch baking pan with Pam.
- Over medium-high heat cook turkey for 5 minutes or until browned.
- Drain and then add next 5 ingredients (beans - scallios). Cook until heated through (3-5 minutes) and then stir in cheese. Take off of heat.
- Meanwhile wrap tortillas in foil and warm in oven for 10 minutes.
- To assmble chimichnagas spoon 1/2 cup of turkey mixture onto each tortilla and fold up sides and roll up burrito style.
- Place chimichangas, seam side down in prepared baking pan.
- Bake uncovered for 20 minutes or until tortillas are crisp and brown.
- Serve each topped with 2 tablespoons of salsa and 1 tablespoon of sour cream.