Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Yummy and healthy for you. An experiment I did after Thanksgiving with my leftover turkey.
Make and share this Turkey and Brown Rice Jambalaya recipe from Food.com.
- 3 cups chopped cooked turkey
- 1 lb turkey kielbasa, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 (10 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 2 cups uncooked brown rice
- Saute onion in melted butter for 3 minutes.
- Then add sausage to onion and saute for another 3-5 minutes.
- Add all the rest of ingredients and get to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer, cover pot, and simmer for 40 minutes, or until done.