Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Fantstic crock pot recipe fron Betty Crocker. My family loves this and it is low-fat too.
- cooking spray
- 3⁄4 lb ground turkey breast
- 1 cup onion (chopped)
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans in chili sauce
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies (chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- tortilla chips (crushed) (optional)
- fat free sour cream (optional)
- Brown turkey and onion in cooking spray about 5 mins on till no longer pink.
- Mix all ingredients except rice in slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hrs or high 4 to 5 hours.
- Stir in rice cover and cook on high about 15 mins longer.
I made this on the stove top since it was a last minute meal. I used ground chicken instead of the turkey. I also added a can of black beans to the mix. Very tasty & easy to make. Made for Zaar Stars Tag
This was very good! Although I should have listened to the other posters and not used the water. It was a little to liquidy for what I would consider to be chili. I also increased the spices based on other reviews...GOOD MOVE!I I actually doubled everything (the salt, cumin, sugar, and chili powder) But the flavors were great and we will definitely make this again! Thanks so much for posting.
Wonderful! I didn't feel like making my crockpot dirty so I just cooked everything on the stove. It makes alot so we have leftovers in the freezer. Definite keeper. Thanks!