Recipe by Sandaidh
This is an adaptation of a recipe I came across in a magazine, BJ's Journal (March 2005, page 15). It looked good, so I thought I'd give it a try. It was quick and easy to fix, and tasty as well. One can substitute low-fat or fat-free ingredients if desired, and chicken may be substituted for the turkey. Enjoy.
- 2 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1 lb leftover cooked turkey, cut in bite-size pieces
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen broccoli cuts
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can broccoli cheese soup
- 1 cup ranch salad dressing
- 2 1⁄2 cups instant rice
- 5 slices American cheese, broken into small pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine broth, turkey, broccoli soup, and salad dressing in 3 quart pot.
- Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Stir in rice.
- Turn off heat, cover pot and let stand 5 minutes.
- Stir cheese into pot.
- Let stand, covered, 3 more minutes, or until rice is tender.
- Fluff rice with fork and serve hot.