Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Delicious casserole that can be made any day of the week! Fancy enough for guests yet so comfy and tasty your family will ask you to make it. So versatile, it can be made from leftovers or pantry items. GREAT for those Thanksgiving leftovers. I know all these items are on my turkey day table in one form or another. A wonderful meal in one or serve with some plain noodles, rice or mashed potatoes. You can choose to make this FAST in the microwave or slower in the oven. Either way it is still on the table quickly and another of Mama's sneaky ways to get those veggies into the mouths of her babes! Not to mention find a creative way to get rid of all that leftover Thanksgiving food!
- 10 ounces broccoli spears or 10 ounces broccoli florets or 1 1⁄2 cups broccoli, leftover cooked
- 12 ounces cooked turkey breast or 1 1⁄2 cups cooked turkey, leftover
- 1 1⁄4 cups turkey gravy or 1 (10 ounce) jar chicken gravy
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup celery, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup herbed croutons
- Cook broccoli according to package. Drain and set aside.
- In a greased casserole dish arrange turkey slices and place broccoli on top.
- Pour 1 cup of the gravy over the broccoli. Reserve the remaining 1/4 cup.
- Saute onion and celery in the butter until tender. Stir in croutons and reserved gravy.
- Spoon this crouton mixture over the center of the casserole.
- Microwave: Bake in microwave on full power about 8 minutes or until heated through.
- OVEN: Bake in 350 degree oven until hot and bubbly, about 20 minutes. Faster if you heat the gravy in the microwave before assembling.
- Note: This is also great with leftover broccoli and cheese or even broccoli, rice and cheese casserole. No need to adjust cooking time, just use that instead of the plain broccoli.