1/1 Photo of Turkey and Biscuit Turnovers
From Evelyn Tribole's Healthy Homestyle Cooking. My whole family gave this high marks. I couldn't find whole grain biscuit dough, so I just used 9 oz of lowfat biscuit dough instead. I also used ff cream of chicken soup instead of the mushroom. The cookbook gives the stats as: 366 calories, 9 g fat per serving
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons soft-style light cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons 98% fat-free cream of mushroom soup, with 1/3 less salt
- 2 tablespoons evaporated skim milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups turkey breast, cooked and diced
- 1 tablespoon onion, shredded
- 1 (9 ounce) can refrigerated whole wheat biscuit dough
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons fine seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 1In a medium bowl, stir together the cream cheese, condensed soup, milk, salt, and pepper until smooth.
- 2Add the turkey and onions and mix well.
- 3Separate the refrigerated dough into eight biscuits; roll two biscuits together to make a ball (so you have four balls total).
- 4Use a rolling pin and roll each ball into a 6-inch circle (I rolled between sheets of parchment to prevent sticking -- worked like a charm).
- 5Spoon about 3/4 cup of turkey mixture onto half of each circle and fold it over to make a turnover.
- 6Seal the edges with the tines of a fork.
- 7Brush the tops with egg white and sprinkle with bread crumbs.
- 8Transfer turnover to a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- 9Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown.
Browse Our Top Turkey Breasts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Turkey and Biscuit Turnovers
Serving Size: 1 (33 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 53.1
- Calories from Fat 24
- Total Fat 2.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 8.4 mg
- Sodium 274.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 3.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
98% fat-free cream of mushroom soup
refrigerated whole wheat biscuit dough