Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a really good combination of two recipes I had. My husband and son love this. In fact my husband even asked what happened to the left overs...I had eaten them for lunch. Yummm.
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1⁄2 stalk celery
- 1⁄2-1 cup shredded spinach
- 16 ounces fat-free refried beans
- 16 -20 ounces jar salsa
- 1 ounce taco seasoning mix
- 3⁄4 cup green bell pepper (chopped)
- 1⁄2 jalapeno pepper (seeded, and chopped fine)
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion
- 1 1⁄2 cups diced tomatoes
- 1 cup of shredded cheese (I like Cheddar)
- 3 cups shredded lettuce
- Brown the turkey.
- Add the celery and peppers and cook until tender.
- Mix in the spinach, beans, salsa, and taco mix and simmer 15 minute
- Pour into a casserole and top with green onions, half the tomatoes, and cheese. Bake at 350 for 20-30 minute.
- Add remaining ingredients over the top and serve with chips, or on tortillas.
I made this without the celery and green onion. I did add red onion to the turkey mixture. Made in 2 casserole dishes. Used hot salsa so I did skip the jalapeno. One to save for Sat! Thanks for the good eats.
This was a hit at my house, although they ate it like dip on tortilla strips. I used lamb because that was the alternative ground meat I had and recipe#133436 for the salsa, otherwise made as written. Made for PAC 2014.