Prep 20 mins
Cook 24 mins
From Cooking Light March 2006
- 1 cup red onion, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup chopped seeded poblano pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 1⁄4 lbs ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (19 ounce) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (14 ounce) can reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 6 lime wedges
- Heat a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add first 4 ingredients; cook for 6 minutes or until turkey is done, stirring frequently to crumble.
- Stir in chili powder and next 8 ingredients (through broth); bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes.
- Stir in cilantro. Serve with lime wedges.