Recipe by Cactus Arm
This is one of my favorite recipes. It comes from Prevention's "The Healthy Cook" Cookbook. By the taste you would never know this recipe is a "good for you" recipe. Makes a chili like burrito filling with melted cheese, wrapped by a crunchy on the edges flour tortilla. This recipe makes some leftovers. This is a good take along lunch too.
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2-1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans
- 1⁄3 cup picante sauce (of desired hotness)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (fat free optional)
- 80 inches flour tortillas
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan cook turkey, onion, and garlic until the turkey is no longer pink.
- Add in beans, tomato sauce, picante sauce, chili powder and salt.
- Cover, stirring occasionally cooking for 10 minutes.
- Spray a baking sheet with no stick spray.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Spoon cooked turkey and bean mixture onto tortillas sprinkling with cheese.
- Fold and place seam side down on baking sheet.
- Bake for 12- 14 minutes until cheese is melted and tortilla edges start to crisp.