Cactus Arm's Note:
This is one of my favorite recipes. It comes from Prevention's "The Healthy Cook" Cookbook. By the taste you would never know this recipe is a "good for you" recipe. Makes a chili like burrito filling with melted cheese, wrapped by a crunchy on the edges flour tortilla. This recipe makes some leftovers. This is a good take along lunch too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2-1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans
- 1/3 cup picante sauce (of desired hotness)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (fat free optional)
- 80 inches flour tortillas
- 1In a large saucepan cook turkey, onion, and garlic until the turkey is no longer pink.
- 2Add in beans, tomato sauce, picante sauce, chili powder and salt.
- 3Cover, stirring occasionally cooking for 10 minutes.
- 4Spray a baking sheet with no stick spray.
- 5Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 6Spoon cooked turkey and bean mixture onto tortillas sprinkling with cheese.
- 7Fold and place seam side down on baking sheet.
- 8Bake for 12- 14 minutes until cheese is melted and tortilla edges start to crisp.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Turkey and Bean Burritos
Serving Size: 1 (206 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 382.9
- Calories from Fat 143
- Total Fat 15.9 g
- Saturated Fat 6.9 g
- Cholesterol 59.6 mg
- Sodium 840.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 20.9 g