Prep 7 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Eating Well (Feb-March 2005). They suggest using the leftover vinegar (whisked with olive oil, salt and pepper) to dress a green salad to accompany these treats.
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, sliced thin
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 4 10-inch whole wheat tortillas
- 3⁄4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 8 slices deli turkey
- Marinate onion in vinegar for 5 minutes.
- (you can reserve the vinegar for the side salad).
- Over med-high heat, warm tortillas for about 45 seconds.
- Place 1/4 of the filling items in each quesadilla (arranged on one half of the tortilla) and fold tortilla over the top.
- Flatten with spatula and cook until golden on both sides.
This is a quick dinner and it tastes great. We loved it!!
So far, this is my favorite type of quesadilla!! I got a quesadilla maker for Christmas, so I cooked it a little differently than stated in the instructions, but the ingredients remain the same and they are a great mixture! I did use flour tortillas instead of the whole wheat. I took two of them, topped with the cheddar, then turkey, then onions and then a little more cheese to help the quesadilla to seal. Topped each tortilla with a second and placed each on on the griddle separately. They only take about 5 minutes. Great snack, dinner or treat!! Thanks Carianne!