1/1 Photo of Turkey and Artichoke Stuffed Shells
Taken from Everyday Pasta by Giada De Laurentiis. Hope you like it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 24 large pasta shells (12-ounce)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 lb ground turkey (preferably dark meat)
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) package frozen artichokes, thawed and coarsely chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) carton whole milk ricotta cheese
- 3/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 5 cups marinara sauce
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- 2Bring a pot of water to a boil for the shells. Cook according to package directions; drain.
- 3Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic and cook until onion is tender and beginning to brown, about 3 minutes.
- 4Add turkey, salt, and pepper, and cook until meat is light golden and heated through, stirring occasionally.
- 5Add artichoke hearts and stir to combine. Remove from heat; allow to cool.
- 6In a large bowl, combine the cooled turkey mixture with ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese, eggs, basil, parsley, salt, and pepper. Stir.
- 7Cover the bottom of a 9x13-inch baking dish with 1 cup of marinara sauce. Holding a shell in the palm of your hand, stuff with large spoonfuls of turkey mixture, about 2 tablespoons per shell. Place each shell in the baking dish. Keep working until dish is full; you should have about 24 shells.
- 8Drizzle remaining marinara sauce over shells and top with grated mozzarella.
- 9Bake shells until warmed through and until cheese begins to brown, about 25 minutes.
Browse Our Top Pasta Shells Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Turkey and Artichoke Stuffed Shells
Serving Size: 1 (357 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 664.1
- Calories from Fat 352
- Total Fat 39.1 g
- Saturated Fat 16.2 g
- Cholesterol 187.7 mg
- Sodium 1391.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.3 g
- Sugars 20.0 g
- Protein 41.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: