1/1 Photo of Turkey and Artichoke Stuffed Shells
Taken from Everyday Pasta by Giada De Laurentiis. Hope you like it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 24 large pasta shells (12-ounce)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 lb ground turkey (preferably dark meat)
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) package frozen artichokes, thawed and coarsely chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) carton whole milk ricotta cheese
- 3/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 5 cups marinara sauce
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- 2Bring a pot of water to a boil for the shells. Cook according to package directions; drain.
- 3Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic and cook until onion is tender and beginning to brown, about 3 minutes.
- 4Add turkey, salt, and pepper, and cook until meat is light golden and heated through, stirring occasionally.
- 5Add artichoke hearts and stir to combine. Remove from heat; allow to cool.
- 6In a large bowl, combine the cooled turkey mixture with ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese, eggs, basil, parsley, salt, and pepper. Stir.
- 7Cover the bottom of a 9x13-inch baking dish with 1 cup of marinara sauce. Holding a shell in the palm of your hand, stuff with large spoonfuls of turkey mixture, about 2 tablespoons per shell. Place each shell in the baking dish. Keep working until dish is full; you should have about 24 shells.
- 8Drizzle remaining marinara sauce over shells and top with grated mozzarella.
- 9Bake shells until warmed through and until cheese begins to brown, about 25 minutes.
Browse Our Top Pasta Shells Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta Shells Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Turkey and Artichoke Stuffed Shells
Serving Size: 1 (357 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 664.1
- Calories from Fat 352
- Total Fat 39.1 g
- Saturated Fat 16.2 g
- Cholesterol 187.7 mg
- Sodium 1391.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.3 g
- Sugars 20.0 g
- Protein 41.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: