Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
We enjoyed this salad which is only 4 pts/serving. Recipe source: WW.com
Make and share this Turkey and Apple Salad (Ww) recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups turkey, cooked, and chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 apple, cored and diced
- 1⁄2 cup golden raisin
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons raspberry vinegar
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups lettuce, shredded
- In a large bowl combine turkey, fruit and veggies (turkey - raisins) and toss to combine.
- In a small bowl or jar whisk together the dressing ingredients (vinegar - pepper). Add dressing to turkey/fruit mixture and toss.
- Arrange lettuce on individual salad plates and top with turkey salad.
I like the concept of this salad, but would change a couple of things. First, I liked the fennel seed's taste, I didn't like the texture. They were hard and unexpected to bite into. Next time I think I'll try grinding them first. I used dried cranberries, just my preference and I'd like the mixture a bit creamier, so even a tablespoon of lite mayo made a huge difference. Thanks for posting, I'll make this again.
What makes this salad different from other similar ones is the fennel seed. I was not sure about it, but it really added a unique and pleasant flavor to the mix. I used mixed dried berries instead of raisins, and a prepared raspberry vinaigrette that I like, but otherwise followed this recipe. Oh, and used chicken instead of turkey, because that was what I had. I made about half of it and it was my lunch today. Thanks for posting.