1/1 Photo of Turkey and Apple Salad over Watercress
For your next protein fix! A good Vitamin C boost, too! The dried fruit and almonds are my addition. I used a variety of locally grown apples in this salad. From a copy of Good Food magazine February 1988. Update 28 May 2009: Since posting this recipe, I have reduced the oil by half.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups cooked turkey, diced
- 2 apples, cored and diced
- 2 cups celery, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely minced
- 1/4 cup dried tart cherries or 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 2 cups watercress, washed and dried thoroughly
- 3 tablespoons olive oil or 3 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- salt, to taste
- cracked black pepper, to taste
- lime wedge
- toasted slivered almonds (optional)
- 1In a large bowl combine the turkey, apples, celery, parsley and dried fruit.
- 2Arrange the watercress on a large serving platter.
- 3Whisk together the dressing ingredients and pour over the turkey/apple mixture.
- 4Arrange the salad mixture on top of the watercress.
- 5Garnish with lime wedges and a sprinkle of toasted slivered almonds.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Turkey and Apple Salad over Watercress
Serving Size: 1 (310 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 320.5
- Calories from Fat 140
- Total Fat 15.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 79.8 mg
- Sodium 123.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 9.1 g
- Protein 31.9 g