Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Fantastic way to use leftover turkey from Thanksgiving.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups cooked diced turkey
- 1⁄3 cup chopped onion
- 1 (3 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1⁄4 cup diced pimento
- 3⁄4 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- In saucepan, melt butter.
- Cook onion until tender.
- Blend in Flour and salt.
- Add chicken broth and milk all at once.
- Cook, stirring constantly until think and bubbly.
- Add Turkey, mushrooms and pimento.
- Heat through.
- Add cheese, heat and stir until melted.
- Serve over biscuits or toast.
Served over puff pastry, we really thought it was great! I did omit the mushrooms and added carrots and peas instead. We will enjoy this again! Don
I just made this tonight and it was fast and very good. I didn't add pimento or cheese and it was still good. I served it over rice with a green side salad. Thanks, Kelly, for a recipe I will be sure to make again.
I made this with some leftover turkey that I had in the freezer. It was so good! I served it over toast, but the next time, I'm going to serve it over biscuits. I made it just as the recipe stated. This was so easy, very tasty and served with a veggie, it was the perfect weekday comfort meal for me! Thank you for sharing this recipe. This will be a regular at my house.